It’s taken me a long time to wrap my head around what I wanted to say here. Lots of different post running together. All turning out with a single mindless rant whine that wasn’t at all what I wanted to say.
The thing is, the heading is the point. The grass is always greener on the other side, that saying holds true to some many things, and for this case, in the way we treat each other or what we let ourselves get worked up over.
Here’s the thing though, when you say something on the internet it’s out there for everyone to see if they wish, which means those rants you do, even though they aren’t really about anyone BUT you, others see them as a direct hit on them, because like you are hearing one thing they are hearing the other.
- Prolific writers aren’t real, they should slow down so they edit it better
- There is nothing original in from a prolific writers books, why do they bother
- This isn’t tied up the way I was expecting the next book better not be a cliff-hanger
- This book isn’t anything like I thought it should be, write it this way
- Why isn’t the next book out yet? Why is it taking so long? There’s no reason for it, write faster or you’ll lose me as a reader
- And many more….
I’m going to get personal here because I can only speak for myself. I’m a plot writer, which means I don’t really fit in with genre romance, and I wish I did. I don’t have a readymade fan base I have to start from stretch and work my way up. Sometimes with everything I write.